Reports & Plans
Natural Resources Master Plan Update (2022)
The Natural Resources Master Plan, last updated in 2007, lays out the vision and goals for the stewardship of local natural resources. This includes the management of natural areas in City parks, programs that support private property land management and public engagement priorities related to natural resources. Throughout 2021, City staff and consultants worked to update the plan, and as of January 2022 a draft update to the Master Plan has been completed and is now available for public review.
Public Comment Opportunity
The draft Master Plan Update was developed by City staff and consultants but was informed by past stakeholder and public input. Now that a draft plan has been completed, more perspectives and input from the public is needed in order to shape the plan into a guiding text for the community as a whole. We hope you take a moment to review the plan update and provide any comments that you may have. Submit your comments by 11:59 p.m. on January 31, 2022.
If you are short on time, you can also review selected pages from the full document, including specific and measurable goals outlined in the Master Plan Update and park maps and implementation details.
After the public comment period ends, the draft plan will be reviewed by the Parks and Natural Resources Commission and then approved by City Council.
If you'd like to submit comments on the plan, they may be submitted through the online form.
Join Us! Master Plan Open House
The City will also be hosting a Virtual Public Open House to present the findings of the Natural Resources Master Plan Update. There will be a 20-30 minute presentation followed by an attendee Q&A and comment period.
- What: Public Open House on the Natural Resources Master Plan Update
- When: Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 6 p.m.
- Where: Online. Access the Zoom link and attend the virtual event. (Meeting ID: 929 3483 6971; Passcode: 387708)
Please register for the event. Registration is not required but will allow the City to send you a reminder the day prior to the event.
Other Management Plans
Management of natural resources in Burnsville is guided by the following plans:
- 2007 Natural Resources Master Plan (PDF) and related Maps/Figures. Please note that an updated draft version of this plan is now available.
- Water Resources Management Plan (PDF)(updated Nov. 2017)
- Wetland Protection & Management Plan (PDF)(updated Nov. 2017)
- Aquatic Plant Management Policy (PDF)(updated Nov. 2017)
For information about the deer and goose management programs, visit our Wildlife section.
For water quality reports, visit our Water Quality section.