Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFP)
Basic services for the purpose of this RFQ shall include those planning services generally understood within the field of municipal planning and shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Review of land use applications including research, preparing memos, staff reports, findings of fact, and Comprehensive Plan Amendments.
- Presentations to Planning Commission and/or City Council meetings as requested. Planning Commission regular meetings are the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 6:30 p.m. City Council regular meetings are first and third Tuesdays of the month at 5:30 p.m. City Council work sessions are the second Tuesday of the month. All City Council meetings are scheduled at 5:30 p.m.
- Research, special studies, small area plans.
- Draft ordinances, resolutions and correspondence as requested.
- Participate in meetings and discussions with developers, residents, or staff and attend neighborhood meetings as requested.
- Conduct Planning Commissioner training as requested.
- Provide, on a periodic basis, written updates on State or Federal legislation or judicial decisions impacting land use or zoning actions and suggested action or changes in operations, ordinances or procedures to assure compliance.
|Sarah Madden, City Planner, City of Burnsville|
|100 Civic Center Parkway, Burnsville, MN 55337|
Recreation Management Software Solution
The purpose of this RFP is to solicit vendor proposals that will be used to select software and a professional services vendor or group of vendors to provide Burnsville Parks, Recreation & Facilities with a cloud hosted software service to be called the Recreation Management Software System that will assist in the performance of its duties. The Recreation Management Software System must include city-operated components and web-based self-service components that will support outdoor shelter reservations, indoor facility reservations, league scheduling, program registrations, memberships, equipment rental, cancellations, permits, ticketing, passes, email & SMS text confirmations, point of sale, credit card authorization, integration with city financial systems, parks information, mobile app, and operational and management reports.
Burnsville Parks, Recreation & Facilities’ preference is to purchase a software as a service, SaaS that addresses all the requirements outlined in this RFP and will also consider multiple solutions from a single vendor or a series of vendors. If multiple vendors are involved, it is preferred that one vendor is the primary proposer and contractor. If multiple solutions are involved, it must be shown that the systems can be integrated and do not require duplicate data entry between the modules and/or packages. It is Burnsville Parks, Recreation & Facilities’ preference that any software proposed is currently implemented and operational in at least three similar organizations to Burnsville Parks, Recreation & Facilities in type, size, and operation.
Proposals must also include professional services to implement the proposed software modules. These services, which are outlined in detail in this RFP, include software delivery, installation and configuration, software modification/development, project management, system integration development, data migration/conversion, documentation, training, software maintenance and support services.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Burnsville Parks, Recreation & Facilities seeks a user-friendly, flexible, and integrated system(s) to support all functions related to complete operation of Burnsville’s Parks, Recreation & Facilities Program Registration.
View full details in the Request for Proposal - Recreation Management Software Solution.
All proposals submitted must contain the following information:
- Cover Page and Table of Contents
- Executive Summary (no longer than one page)
- Proposal Narrative with proposed solution and maintenance/service/support model
- Proposed Project Plan and Timeline
- Proposed Project Cost including all product, service and equipment fees
- Sample Reports
- References from similar projects in scope and size
- Exceptions (clearly identified)
- Confidential or Proprietary Information per Minnesota Laq (identified separately)
- All required documents (i.e. Proposal Form, Technical Questionnaire, proof of PCI Compliance, Vendor Acceptable Use Form)
Send all proposals via email to:
Jess Skalicky at email@example.com
TIMING: The deadline for accepting proposals have been extended to Friday, Oct. 15 by 4:30 p.m. Demonstrations, contract negotiations and approvals will follow.
- Request for Proposal - Recreation Management Software Solution includes details on requested services, scope of work, vendor qualifications and process
The City of Burnsville follows Minnesota State Statute in regard to bidding requirements for municipal contracts. The current statute states:
- Bid amounts of $175,000
- The City of Burnsville is required to use a formal, sealed and competitive bidding process per the State of Minnesota's Uniform Municipal contracting Law Chapter 471.345.
- Bid amounts of less than $175,000
- A formal bid is not required.
- Local governments must receive at least two quotes.
- City may still choose to use formal sealed and competitive bidding process at its discretion.
- Small Purchases
- City of Burnsville departments are authorized to make small purchases up to $4,999.
The City of Burnsville's policy is to provide equal opportunities to contractors and subcontractors in the purchase of products and services.
Alternative Dissemination of Bids & Requests
This page is maintained as an alternative means to disperse public requests for bids, requests for proposals and requests for information per Minnesota State Statutes 331A.03 Subd. 3. Alternative dissemination of bids and requests.