Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFP)
Subscribe to email notification of open requests for bids and proposals.
The City of Burnsville posts information regarding current advertisements for bids, and the results from previous bids on QuestCDN.
Requests for Proposal
Exterior Mural Artist - Fire Station No. 1
Download Request for Proposal for an Exterior Mural Artist for Fire Station No. 1 presented by Mueller Studio LLC (Please note: This RFP is being presented by an outside partner and not the City of Burnsville.)
Mueller Studio LLC seeks an experienced mural painter/team to execute a meaningful exterior wall for the new placemaking project located at the new Fire Station in the City of Burnsville. The City of Burnsville, ISG Landscape Architects and Mueller Studio have spent several months developing a sculptural concept on the exterior grounds. To complete the placemaking composition, a contemporary mural is requested for the exterior stone wall. In listening to Fire Department personnel and Burnsville area community stakeholders, an Inspirational Content Page 2 has emerged as the launching pad for the artist / art team proposal. Selected Artist / Team, will work with a budget of $7,500.00 for time and materials and a deadline of October 1, 2021.
- ONE-PAGE LETTER of interest addressing:
- Artist / team’s brief background and experience with outdoor painted murals
- Address your technical expertise / ability in working on outdoor architectural surfaces
- How you balance personal, creative freedom while interpreting the Content Page 2
- If chosen as a finalist, ability to submit a refined proposal by APRIL 15 2021
- Ability to meet a timeline deadline of OCTOBER 1, 2021 for the mural completion
- RESUME: Brief 1-2 page of lead artist
- (5) jpeg IMAGES: Previous project mural work (at least 3 works should be exterior)
- PRELIMINARY RENDERING: “First-draft” drawing illustrating general idea/concepts/ etc.
- March 15: Selection committee begins to review “preliminary concept” applications.
- Late March: (2) finalist / teams selected; $500.00 compensation to modify “preliminary” drawings for ZOOM interview presentation to be scheduled in late April. Finalists will share refined details of concept, technical approach/materials, proposed timeline and budget for October 1 completion.
- Late April: Artist / team will be selected and awarded the commission.
Materials Submission Due Date: Mar. 15, 2021
Questions and materials should be directed to: email@example.com
- Exterior Mural Artist RFP includes additional details and inspirational concepts
The City of Burnsville follows Minnesota State Statute in regard to bidding requirements for municipal contracts. The current statute states:
- Bid amounts of $175,000
- The City of Burnsville is required to use a formal, sealed and competitive bidding process per the State of Minnesota's Uniform Municipal contracting Law Chapter 471.345.
- Bid amounts of less than $175,000
- A formal bid is not required.
- Local governments must receive at least two quotes.
- City may still choose to use formal sealed and competitive bidding process at its discretion.
- Small Purchases
- City of Burnsville departments are authorized to make small purchases up to $4,999.
The City of Burnsville's policy is to provide equal opportunities to contractors and subcontractors in the purchase of products and services.
Alternative Dissemination of Bids & Requests
This page is maintained as an alternative means to disperse public requests for bids, requests for proposals and requests for information per Minnesota State Statutes 331A.03 Subd. 3. Alternative dissemination of bids and requests.