Outdoor Ice Rinks
Feb. 24 Update: Due to the exceptionally warm weather, warming houses and outdoor ice rinks are now closed for the season. Warming houses and ice rinks may reopen for broomball league purposes only.
Regular Skating Season
Weather permitting, Burnsville's outdoor ice rinks and warming houses are open from mid-December through mid-February. Burnsville has 13 park locations that offer outdoor skating. Warming houses are located at 12 sites (West Buck Hill offers a pleasure rink only).
Weather-related updates will be posted on this page and on the weather hotline at 952-895-4505.
Outdoor Skating Sites
Rink and Warming House Hours
*Please see the above rink status notice regarding the current state of rinks and warming houses.
When warming houses open for the season, the following hours apply.
Rinks are open for skating (weather permitting) during regular park hours (5 a.m. to 10 p.m.). Rink lights are on, warming houses are open and the facilities are supervised by City staff ONLY during specified hours.
Warming House Regular Hours
|Day||Hours of Operation|
|Monday - Friday*||4 - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday*||Noon - 9 p.m.|
|Sunday*||1 - 9 p.m.|
*Warming houses at Civic Center Park, Highland Forest Park, Knob Hill Park, South River Hills Park Timberland Knolls Park and Vista View Park close at 8 p.m.
Outdoor Rink Lighting
- Northview and Red Oak will have lights turned on at 4:00pm and turned off at 9:00pm each night.
- Lights at Civic Center, Timberland Knolls, Highland Forest, South River Hills, Vista View, Terrace Oaks East, and Knob Hill can be turned on by a push button timer and will remain on until 9:30pm.
Simply push the timer button to activate the lights at the above designated parks.
Rink Snow Removal
During a snow fall, rinks are cleared as quickly as possible. Please be patient as snow removal crews have to clear roads, sidewalks and trails as well as rinks. On a weekend with a snow event the staffed outdoor skating rinks will close after one inch of snow has accumulated.
- No hockey or broomball games are allowed unless specified
- Wednesday nights are designated as "Open Hockey" nights and rinks may not be reserved for hockey practices
- View the City's other park rules