Kennel Licenses & Pet Requirements

Please Note:  
As of August 2019, the City of Burnsville no longer requires a City pet license.

Issued To

  • Residential (Hobby) Kennel Operators (Households with 4-5 dogs; 6-10 cats OR 6-10 ferrets)
  • Commercial Kennel Operators

Icon of two pieces of paperApplication

Kennel Operators can also apply at:

  • American Boarding Kennels (1102 Highway 13 E., Burnsville)
  • Burnsville Police Department (100 Civic Center Parkway, Burnsville)


  • Two-year Residential (Hobby) Kennel licenses are issued in January of even-numbered years. Licenses expire on Dec. 31 of odd-numbered years.
  • One-year Commercial Kennel licenses must be renewed by Jan. 1 of each year.

Additional Requirements

While City pet licenses are no longer required, pet owners must still:


Animal Control/Kennel License Fees (PDF)


Questions? Contact


Burnsville Police Department
100 Civic Center Parkway, Burnsville, Minn. 55337

Animal Control

American Boarding Kennels
1102 Highway 13 E., Burnsville, Minn. 55337
952-894-DOGS (3647)