Be Part of Burnsville’s Events and Activities!
The City offers a wide variety of opportunities to partner at popular city events, showcase your business, get involved and support the community.
We offer sponsorship partnerships at various investment levels $100 - $2,000. Several of our well-attended events are highlighted below. Have a specific sponsorship idea? Let's chat! For more information and details please reach out to David Erdall at 952-895-4514.
Party on the Plaza
Party on the Plaza is an all-ages, family-friendly summer festival series held on select Thursdays June - August. The event includes a street fair in and around Nicollet Commons Park and the Ames Center Plaza with food trucks, craft and market vendors, live music, entertainment, games and more.
Thursday Rockin' Lunch Hour
Held at noon on Thursdays throughout the summer at Nicollet Commons Park. The free events draw approximately 350 visitors each week and feature local bands performing music for elementary and preschool children.
Friday Night Flicks on the Bricks
This outdoor movie series is held on select Fridays during the months of June, July, and August in Nicollet Commons Park. The free movie events draw approximately 350 visitors and features classic favorites and new family movies.
Held on the Friday evening before Halloween, families are invited to our illuminated trick-or-treat trail to receive candy and other fun trinkets. This popular event draws approximately 800 participants and is held at either Nicollet Commons Park or Lac Lavon Park.
Furry friends and their human owners gather at Alimagnet Dog Park in September. This event features dog-themed vendors, food trucks, giveaways and more. This event debuted in 2020 and continues to grow in popularity, currently drawing approximately 500 visitors.
Run Now, Gobble Later 5K Race
This event is held the weekend before Thanksgiving at North River Hills Park where family, friends and neighbors are invited to kick off their Thanksgiving plans with a 5K race. The race includes live music and entertainment at the finish line, coffee, hot chocolate, and delicious eats from food trucks. This event draws approximately 300 participants.
The coolest festival of the season, this event is held in early February at North River Hills Park with winter fun for the whole family. Activities include mite hockey games, sledding, a bonfire, snow painting, winter softball, food trucks and much more! This event draws approximately 800 visitors.
- Egg-Cellent Spring Adventure in April
- Howl-O-Ween Dog Costume Contest in October
- Drive-In Movie in September
Additional opportunities may be available. View the Recreation Times magazine to view current programs and events.
How to Apply to Become a Sponsor
- Contact the Recreation Department 952-895-4500 to discuss available opportunities
- Complete the Sponsorship Agreement
- Discuss deadlines and necessary information (such as providing company logos) with the Recreation Department
Please contact the Recreation Department at 952-895-4500 to review the City’s full "Sponsorship and Advertising Policy."
- All sponsorships and advertisements shall be consistent with the City’s mission and values and will not compromise or contradict any ordinance or policy of the City, or reflect negatively on the City’s public image.
- No advertising for firearms, liquor products, tobacco products, political or religious persons or organizations, or sexually oriented products or stores shall be permitted on or within public facilities or property, or in City publications. Companies who are in the primary business of selling liquor or tobacco products may advertise in City printed publications other than those concerning City park, recreation or youth programs.
- Sponsorship and advertising proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the City. The City reserves the right to reject any sponsorship.
- The City reserves the right to terminate an existing sponsorship or advertising agreement in the best interests of the City.