Apartment Fire Safety
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Fire Escape Plans
Holiday Fire Safety
Hover Board Safety
Smoking and Alcohol
Smoking and Decks
Turkey Fryer Safety
Temas de la seguridad pública
You are here:
Departments & Services
Now that winter is coming, it is time to prepare for the cold season by focusing on home heating. Heating a house is essential, but can be dangerous if equipment is not maintained and proper precautions are not exercised.
These heating tips from the Burnsville Fire Department could save your life and property from disaster.
Chimneys and fireplaces should be checked and cleaned at least once a year by a qualified company. After cleaning ashes from a fireplace, they should be wet down and disposed of in a metal container outside the residence. Never burn trash, charcoal or plastics in your fireplace or wood burning stove as these can overheat and cause a fire.
Portable electric heaters should be kept at least 36 inches away from anything that can burn. These heaters should never be kept on when occupants are gone or sleeping.
Gas heaters are heaters that are supplied by natural gas, propane, or any other type of petroleum product. These heaters should always be properly vented, cleaned and checked regularly by qualified service technicians. A Carbon Monoxide detector should also be present when using these heaters.
For more information, contact the Burnsville Fire Department at 952-895-4570 or the State Fire Marshal at
City of Burnsville
Minnesota 100 Civic Center Pkwy Burnsville, MN 55337
Powered by CivicPlus
Using Renewable Energy