How are street improvement projects paid for?
The City of Burnsville pays for street and utility improvements using the following funding mechanisms:

1) Municipal State Aid Funding for designated higher traffic routes where possible.

2) Ad Valorem taxes via the Infrastructure Trust Fund (for approximately 60% of street improvements if Municipal State Aid Funding is not available)

3) Special Assessments (for approximately 40% of street improvements)

4) Sewer and Water Utility Fund (for 100% of sanitary sewer and watermain improvements)

5) Storm Water Utility Fund (for 100% of storm sewer and drainage improvements)

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between reconstruction, reclamation and rehabilitation?
2. How are streets selected for reconstruction, reclamation and rehabilitation?
3. How will the City communicate project progress and updates with residents and business owners?
4. Will I lose trees in my yard?
5. Will my mail service or garbage service be interrupted?
6. How are impacts to irrigation systems and landscape elements dealt with during and after construction?
7. How are street improvement projects paid for?
8. Why is there a special assessment, and how is it calculated?
9. When will I know what my assessment is?
10. What options do I have to pay my assessment?
11. What is a typical project schedule?
12. Can I have my whole driveway replaced as part of the street project and pay for it through my assessment?
13. I’ve received solicitations from contractors offering to perform work on my property. Is this legal? Does the City regulate these contractors?
14. How do I find information about easements?