The Burnsville Ice Center is dedicated to teaching the game of curling to all ages and introducing them to curling as a lifelong activity. Once the basic skills are in hand, participants can consider joining one of the many dedicated curling clubs throughout the seven county metro area.
Students will learn from a USCA Certified curling instructor in the classroom and on the ice.
Learn to Curl
Classes will cover etiquette, rules, scoring, delivery and sweeping. Open to ages 12 and above (anyone 15 years or under must be accompanied by a paid adult).
Each "Learn to Curl" class is an individual class, with a separate registration. You need to register for each individual class that you would like to attend.
September - Mid-February Session
- Cost: $20/person per class
- Class time: 5 - 7 p.m.
- Maximum number of participants per class is 16
- Individual class dates are on Sundays, and all dates are subject to change
Upcoming Class Dates
- December 9, 2018
- December 16, 2018
- December 30, 2018
- January 6, 2019
- January 13, 2019
- February 3, 2019
- February 10, 2019
A minimum of eight registrations are necessary for a class to be held. If cancellation is necessary, you will be notified the Thursday prior to the class date.
"Just wanted to send note to say our group had such a good time and so much fun at our learn to curl session. The instructors were awesome and made it very enjoyable for all of us." Thanks! -Hilary
- Clean shoes! Carry in a pair of clean rubber soled shoes in order to keep the ice clean.
- Layer up! When you start to curl, you'll warm up. Wear a light jacket or fleece that you can take on and off as needed to keep warm or cool down.
- Wear loose fitting pants. You need to be able to stretch easily. Jeans and other similar pants are too restrictive
- Bring gloves! If you're worried about your hands getting cold, bring a pair of gloves or mittens